Tuesday, February 18, 2003

FRZ Editor's Note 2-18-2003

Since fireronzook.com has been taken down I thought it would be appropriate to post as much material from that site here as possible. The posts are dated by original publication date.

-------

First of all, I've been on a little vacation, hence my absence from the board and lack of site updates in general. It's hard work keeping this site fresh when Zook isn't running his mouth, so I decided to take a little well-deserved time off. Hope you all didn't miss me too much.

As it turns out, a few of you GatorCountry idiots have decided that you are now the world's authority on finding internet identities....I think that's hilarious. Lemme tell you a little story:

A few months back, an individual approached me regarding his new website, FRZ.org, and asked me if I would put a link to his site on mine. After some discussion I thought to myself, what the hell....I mean, we're all in the same boat here with a common purpose, what harm could it do? (even if the guy is an unoriginal bastard) So I decided to actually visit his site, and as it turns out....it sucked. I mean REALLY sucked. What's a guy to do? It may seem pointless to you, but I actually take pride in the quality of this site, especially with the amount of media coverage we get from time to time. So in the end, I decided not to give the plug. It just wasn't worth anything to me. Coincidentally, at the same time, someone else was contacting me about FRZ.net, ANOTHER copycat site wanting a link on ours...only this one was not from a Gator Alum, but rather a Tennessee fan. Here's the kicker: that guy's name was Mark too.

Now we come to the present day, where just today I visited our message board after a long vacation....only to find out that some of you have stumbled across a few items lying around out there, and consequently led yourselves to believe that the ".net Mark" is actually the owner of this site! Hilarious! I can just imagine that those of you who are overzealous, 'I hate FRZ', GatorCountry idiots have pummeled this dude with emails, phone calls, and other forms of harassment.

However, I suppose the guy only deserves so much...so let me clear up a few things here and now:

Mark S. is NOT the owner of this site. It was a fun thing to watch, but you should probably let him go now. Although, I don't really care what you do to him, just don't give him credit for my work.

Register.com will NEVER give up my identity, unless they want the pants sued off of them. Don't waste your time.

I don't have a clue who PikeGator is, but I commend him for his loyalty to the site. (See message board if this doesn't make sense to you.)

The owner of this site does not live in Tallahassee or Tennessee, and is an alumni of UF

That's really all the rumors I can think of dispelling at the moment. After this article, I'm planning on starting a new thread in the message board dedicated solely to rumor-correction, just so you can all be well-informed FRZ fans :)

In addition, I really would like to say thanks for staying active on the board during this long, boring off-season. Go Gator B-ball...but please stop choking in SEC games!

FRZ