Saturday, November 15, 2003

FRZ Editor's Note 11-15-2003

Since fireronzook.com has been taken down I thought it would be appropriate to post as much material from that site here as possible. The posts are dated by original publication date.

-------

I like science...always have. In fact, one of the reasons I became an Engineering student at the University of Florida is because my interest in Science and Technology was greater than my interest in Journalism (not by much, as indicated by this website). It was the experimentation I suppose. Being able to try new things and prove theories through scientific analysis. Good times, noodle salad.

What does this have to do with football, you ask?

No matter how much I love science, this little Zook experiment sucks.

Lee Corso and the Gameday crew decided to do a little story this weekend focusing on FRZ. In the end, Corso claimed he was in favor of keeping Ron Zook around because young coaches make mistakes, and he just needs time to learn from those. I can honestly say that I agree with his assessment of young coaches. However, let me remind you why this site exists.

I have no problem with young coaches making mistakes. That's how you learn. What we at FRZ have a problem with is taking one of the top programs in the Nation down with you as you "learn the ropes". Zook should be learning how to be a head coach at a school that has nowhere to go but up...not the University of Florida. But as always, it pays to know people. And Zook knows Foley.

So we find ourselves at the hands of a few SEC Athletic Directors to decide if we are, in fact, qualified to represent the SEC as it's 2003 East Division Champion. Forget the records, forget the 3rd down conversions, forget "Doering's got a touchdown!"

Now, even the SEC Championship is subject to the dreaded "hanging chad". I don't know about you, but I'll take football over politics any day.