Monday, September 30, 2002

FRZ Editor’s Notes 9/30/02

Since fireronzook.com has been taken down I thought it would be appropriate to post as much material from that site here as possible. The posts are dated by original publication date.

-------

With a 19-0 lead at the half, I thought to myself: "Maybe there's magic here that I don't see. Maybe we didn't give the Ego a chance. The defense looks sharp." Sure, it should have been 35-0. But I was a Happy Gator.

Then they came back out of the tunnel and I was reminded why this site was started ... get this idiot off the sidelines! I now see why Zookie remarked that the cupboard was bare - NOT ONE PLAYER RESPONDS TO A THING HE SAYS!

Zook needs 85 guys who thank the good lord they're playing at Florida so that they'll listen (and from last year's recruiting class - he has the first 15) instead of having 85 talented players.

This was a 42 point rout waiting to happen and we get this? This isn't Georgia, Auburn or even LSU - this is probation-riddled Kentucky! On some days of the year, beating Kentucky by 7 is a cause for joy ... however, we usually call that "Basketball Season."

Back in the early part of '02, all we heard from people was "at least our special teams will be good." How do you let a white guy return two kicks for two touchdowns? I'm not even getting into the debacle that was supposed to be the punt formation.

The Tennessee win sure looks a lot more impressive after the "blowout" of Rutgers late Saturday night (this is the same Rutgers that lost to Villanova and Buffalo already).

One thing in Zook's favor did come to mind yesterday as I saw the scores roll around - at least we didn't hire Buddy Teevens.

THE EGG ON OUR FACE IS NO MORE!