Sunday, October 06, 2002

FRZ Editor’s Notes 10/6/02

Since fireronzook.com has been taken down I thought it would be appropriate to post as much material from that site here as possible. The posts are dated by original publication date.

-------

Like the rest of you, I'm sitting at my computer pissed off right now.

Like the rest of you, I'm wondering about the next few SEC games we have against teams much better than Ole Miss.

However, UNLIKE MOST OF YOU WHO OPPOSE THIS WEBSITE:

I'M NOT SURPRISED.


I've had some time to read a few articles since the game yesterday and feel the need to make one thing clear. FRZ.com is as against Zook being head coach of UF as we were before the Ole Miss game. No more, no less. Many FRZ.com critics seem to think now that we have fuel for this website, that we now have 'purpose'. I disagree. Yesterday's game simply verified the claims we have been making since that fateful day in January when Foley lost his damn mind.

I'm still so pissed off I can't even think straight. I sit here trying to write a decent blurb to convey my feelings, and I just want to throw my laptop across the room. Call me a sore loser, call me unfaithful, call me whatever the hell you want to...but after yesterday you can no longer call my opinions unfounded. I was embarrassed to be a Gator yesterday. The last time that happened, at least we were tied 31-31 at the end of the game against a worthy opponent.

Many of you have written us over the last 24 hours letting us know that you are now on our side. Maybe the journalists are right. Maybe we are a 'knee-jerk' fan base. Will you be the same fans who will write in and chastise me again if we happen to pull one off against LSU? Only time will tell.

Just a side note: Every email that gets sent to FATTWebdesigns@hotmail.com gets read by us (except of course, the viruses you've been trying to send...idiots, they don't work). Every one. Personally, I've been hearing a lot of unhappy emails regarding this site. I challenge you, if you're one of those people who complained about this site, to write in now. I'm interested to know how you feel NOW. You asked me how I felt after the Tennessee game and I told you. You asked me how I felt after the Kentucky game, and I told you again. Now return the favor.

With that said, I look forward to bringing you plenty of entertaining content over the next few weeks. We obviously won't be getting that from Zook's leadership anytime soon.

FRZ

PS - Washington just scored on a post-corner. Remember those, Gators? God I miss Spurrier.