Sunday, September 07, 2003

FRZ Editor's Note 9-7-2003

Since fireronzook.com has been taken down I thought it would be appropriate to post as much material from that site here as possible. The posts are dated by original publication date.

------

I have the best dog in the whole damn world. I'm not kidding. Her name is Taylor, she's a mix between a Golden Retriever and something small (maybe a Beagle or something), and for the rest of her life she'll look just like a little Golden Retriever puppy. She's the cutest damn thing you've ever seen. In fact, sometimes when I take her out to the park or some large grassy area, she runs circles around me simply because she's so happy to be outside in the sun. She runs and runs until she's tired and then flips over on her back with her ass in the air and starts rolling around in the grass. She doesn't do it every time...but she does it. And it's cool.

Why I am telling you this, you ask?

Because the sun shines on a dog's ass every now and then.

I can tell you this much...I watched the first half of the Miami game on the edge of my seat, loving the attitude and explosiveness that our guys were playing with, and thinking to myself "why do I keep this site up?" It's true...I'm a Gator fan no matter what, and sometimes I just get sick of the whole Zook business and want to blindly cheer for the team. No website, no point of view on the choice of our head coach, no effort. Just drink beer and cheer. But I don't break that easily I suppose. Zook even went for the 2 point conversion when he had no business doing so (as aptly pointed out by my tequila-ridden friend Larry), and I ignored it because I was having fun. I was thoroughly impressed though. Completely. I haven't felt that good cheering for Gator football in over a year....and dammit I missed that feeling.

But then the sun went behind the clouds and I once again remembered why this site exists in the first place. Not because Leak threw in interception. Not because the defense fell apart against a Brock Berlin onslaught. But because we have the wrong head football coach. String together an entire game of what I saw in the first half...and maybe I'll give it some more thought.
But for now...I'm not holding my breath.

FRZ