Thursday, October 28, 2004

FRZ Editor's Note 10-28-2004

Since fireronzook.com has been taken down I thought it would be appropriate to post as much material from that site here as possible. The posts are dated by original publication date.

-------

SLAM-A-LAMA-DING-DONG!

It's a phrase that may not have worked for the St. Louis Cardinals, but my fellow Gator fans, there are no adequate words to describe the elation that the members of this site have experienced over the past few days. We are just now beginning to wake up from the DREAM and realize that this is REALLY HAPPENING.

A 3-day, non-stop celebratory, "drinks are on me", Jack Daniels-induced coma-type dream, that is...

It has been a LONG 2 years, 9 months and 5 days. Foley said it best when he used the term "culmination of disappointments." And fortunately for many of you Gators, we haven't had to endure it alone. There were some of you who stood by us from day 1 (technically, it was day 2 after his hiring that we started this). There were some who converted game-by-game as our program slowly started to deteriorate. And there were still others who wrote us this past Saturday, telling us that they've held onto hope with Zook for 2 1/2 years, but after the debacle that was Mississippi State they could hold on no longer. No matter when you converted, no matter what we've disagreed on in the past, we can now all agree on one thing: Hope is returning.

Who knows what may come of this new coaching search. I've heard all sorts of rumors...including the Man With The Visor. I honestly never would have figured him as a candidate (he has nothing to prove in my opinion)...but I do know that we would welcome him with open arms. I can't say that I'm holding my breath though (actually, I am...my dog just farted).

So the big question is, where do we go now? I can tell you that we've had quite a bit of fan mail to justify keeping the site up, at least until the end of the season. After that, who knows? But for now, we're going to enjoy the afterparty of this wild, wild week...we're still going to cheer on our football team....and with the arsenal of players that we have, maybe next year we can all start waking up on Saturday mornings with sheer excitement again, instead of just praying to the porcelain god.